If

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Moving on..

Last week was the German GP and training camp in Dusseldorf. I had a tough draw - one of the top players first fight. However, you gotta beat em all! I lost on a couple of penalties which was frustrating but there were a good number of positives to take out of it, mainly I felt physically fit and ready, showing the preparation had been right this time. A better tactical fight on my behalf would have made the difference this time as there was little chance of either of us scoring - we both were pretty cagey - and her tactics were better than mine. Afterwards we stayed out for a camp and I had some great training sessions but it's really being able to make that hard work count that matters - the final result. So after a week of rest a select team is off to Japan for 3 weeks followed by a week in Korea ahead of the European Championships in Russia in late April. Time to knuckle down and focus on the weeks ahead.... got my monkey Mr. Ling to help with the knuckling... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Sophie, I think it is good how honest you are :)

    Also being honest I think that the majority of British players are tactically naive and this stems from poor coach education in the UK. Having worked with many coaches through the EJU it is very interesting seeing how other perceive the nature of a contest and how to manipulate it.

    ReplyDelete